Nowadays it is VERY important that your website is mobile-friendly. For the first time in history a few years ago people visited websites more often on their mobile phones instead of their laptops and desktop computers.
Google’s Mobile-First Indexing
Google has announced that with their Mobile-First Indexing program having your website mobile-friendly is a factor in helping your website rank.
- Create a Mobile-Friendly Site
- Make sure that Google can access and Render your Content
- Make sure your Content is the Same on Desktop and Mobile Versions of your Website
- Check your Structured Data
- Make sure your Meta Data is the same on both Desktop and Mobile Versions of your Website
- Use the Best Image Practices
- Use the Best Video Practices
To read the best practices for making your website mobile-friendly you can read Google’s guidelines.
Google’s Mobile-Friendly Test
You can test your website to see if it is mobile-friendly in Google’s eyes by visiting their online mobile-friendly test.
Once you get the results you will be given a list of things that you can do to improve your website.